Search

Monday 24 January 2011

Anxiety is out of control!

I'm really not coping at all today. My anxiety is the worst it has been for years and I have absolutely no reason why. It came on at 2am last night and I was in a state of panic until I finally managed to fall asleep at 8am. It feels horrendous and I don't know what to do to make it a bit more bearable! How the hell did I use to cope with this all the time?!

I can't stop thinking...panicking...shaking. I want to escape, but to where? I'm in my house, my safe place. I have nowhere to escape to except outside and I don't think that will help matters! I've done 2 relaxation CD's, which helped slightly but not anywhere near enough. I tried going for a bath (metaphorically wash away the anxiety?) but that didn't help...actually made things worse. I've since took a b vitamin complex, it's worth a try!

It's 2.30am and I haven't even lay down to attempt to go to sleep, in fact, i'm dreading that moment. I know my anxiety will be intensified, my own fault obviously!

I just want it to go away!

2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling, it's been keeping me awake at night sometimes too. I hate those nights. What works best for me is deep breathing and playing games to distract me. Sometimes I even have to call somebody to talk to, which can be hard late at night. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kaci. I've been relying a lot on hypnosis downloads to try and calm me down a bit. During the night is awful although I think this might be because I know I can't call anyone!

    ReplyDelete