Search

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Still Here

Things have been a little chaotic lately and blogging has been far from my mind. I've also been on a bit of an internet ban as I was relying a bit too much on Dr Google and my health anxiety was taking over my every thought, so I avoided the internet! Which I thought would be easy since avoidance is my forte, but apparently not! It's amazing how much I rely on the internet for everything. It's a bit of a blessing and a curse!

Anyway, I've been seeing the psychologist now for a couple of months and I have noticed a slight improvement in my anxiety, which is good but I haven't had an appointment in about 2 weeks now and don't have another till next week and I can feel the anxiety begin to creep up. Tonight I've been really anxious and cancer thoughts have been playing on my mind so I haven't slept yet! So obviously the appointments are helping. My 'homework' I get is a bit difficult as I'm not used to routine but I'll blog about that in a separate post.

I also went and got the blood tests done eventually!! They came back normal but for the first time ever I don't feel any relief. Instead I feel that they've missed something or that I have cancer and it can't be detected. I don't really know what blood tests show. I really was ill going to get blood taken but I done it and I survived!

I still haven't taken any of the medication I was prescribed - The psychologist is planning on working on this issue with me to see if I would benefit from the meds. He seems to think the diazepam would be beneficial but in all honesty I'm scared of any medication. Even if I'm in pain I suffer it.

I do plan on doing a proper post but thought I'd just do a little update just now. Hope you are all well! x

No comments:

Post a Comment