Search

Monday 16 April 2012

Now on 25mg of sertraline

For the last 3 nights I've upped the sertraline to half a tablet which is 25mg. I'm still feeling very anxious about taking the meds and it took me longer than I expected to do the increase.

My anxiety has been significantly higher the last 3 days; to the point where it has been absolutely terrifying and unbearable & for 2 out of 3 nights I've had to take a valium (I thought/felt I was having a heart attack).

Despite the high anxiety I've found myself more motivated to do things that will help to get my anxiety under control. For the last few days I've been doing progressive muscle relaxation, hypnosis, 10 mins meditation, making lists of positive things that have happened, worry moments, thinking about things in grateful for, affirmations, using cbt models, reading self help books & gradually exposing myself to exercise. These are all things that I tend to start and stop and always 'forget' to do but but I've been doing it all for the last few days and I look forward to doing it rather than thinking 'I'll do it later'. It's not having a huge effect on my anxiety at the moment but I know it will if I keep up with it. I've been listening to Claire weekes downloads too. There's no other person who can explain how I feel and it's a shame there aren't more therapists in the world who have her knowledge, compassion & understanding.

Hope you're all well

X

No comments:

Post a Comment