Search

Sunday 8 April 2012

Shake it off!

In the last week I've discovered a new technique which helps me to get a grip on my anxiety before it spirals out of control and from using it I've managed to prevent 4 panic attacks!

So what have I been doing? Erm... Literally shaking the anxiety away. As soon as I feel the adrenaline start to course down my arms & legs I start to shake them. I shake like a crazy person; arms in the arm and so hard that it feels like my hands and fingers are going to fall off. I look totally mental and would never dream of doing this outside or in front of other people but it really does seem to be effective. I suppose it's because I'm doing the opposite of what I usually do. Usually I feel the adrenaline and I instantly tense up, intensifying the symptoms and wait for something bad to happen. perhaps by doing this for a few minutes I'm telling myself that its just anxiety? I don't know but it's helping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment