Search

Sunday 1 April 2012

Tonight was the 7th night of taking a quarter of a sertraline tablet; I have one more quarter left and then it's up to half a tablet - 25mg. I'm anxious about the increase. I've been extremely anxious the last week although I doubt I'm even taking enough of the sertraline for that to be the cause. I've hardly left my bedroom, hardly eating and feeling dizzy and off balance quite a lot. Surprisingly though, my sleeping has been great - I've been sleeping between 8 & 10 hours a night - very unlike me! On Tuesday I had the doctors so I had to leave the house for that. It was horrible. I had a long wait in the waiting room, it was absolutely boiling and I thought I was going to faint. I just wasn't in the right frame of mind for it. The doctor was great with me though and I left with a prescription for diazepam (valium).

I never in a million years thought I would ever touch valium for my anxiety; it was a route I just didn't want to go down but due to the anxiety I've been experiencing this week I had to take it to stop me losing it completely. I only take 2mg but I'm allowed to take 4mg 3 times a day. So I'm not relying on it too heavily and I haven't taken any in the last 2 days. I was terrified of meds like valium and I've surprised myself with taking it. I still have stupid 'what if?...' thoughts when I take it though but it's getting easier and I like the relief it brings. I imagine that I'll need it for every increase of the sertraline though. Even if the meds don't make me anxious - I know that I will - it's nice knowing that I have something that will take it away within 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I was given diazepam years ago, never ever wanted to 'go there' - i have no idea what i thought was going to happen.

    Then when i went completely nuts they gave me 12 2mg pills on the 14th of Feb to take 3 a day, so basically i had 4 days worth... I took 1/2 a day then got brave and took 1 a day... They've all gone now and i haven't had any more since. I did ask for a repeat prescription to have (just in case) and the friggers refused me!!!!!!

    The first one made me sleepy, after that, didn't do anything at all... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe they refused to give you more just to have in case anything happens. My doctor is quite good that way. She gave me 28 tablets and told me I could go back if I needed more.

    Taking pills for my anxiety always seemed terrifying to me and I couldn't see how they would stop me from panicking & was also afraid that they would turn me into a zombie.

    After taking just 1 a day for 3 days my body adjusted to them and nothing happened on the 3rd day. I was quite shocked at how quickly it happened. I realised how easily then it was for people to end up addicted to them

    ReplyDelete