Search

Monday 26 March 2012

Took a quarter of sertraline 50mg...

Probably sounds pathetic to most people but it's a big deal for me! I've avoided this moment for 8 years, since I had my bad reaction to citalopram.

Felt extremely anxious and panicky after taking it and I don't take diazepam or anything like that so I had to just wait it out. Thankfully I only felt anxious and panicky for the first hour then it passed. It's now 2 hours since I took it and I don't feel anything. I'm not sure what I was expecting.

4 comments:

  1. Well done :)
    I don't know why it took me 13 years to take any anti d's... Well, i do, i had a not good experience with Anafranil when my boy was only a few months old and i passed out while i was alone with him... Not the best situation to be in, so i refused to take anything again.. but Cipralex have been amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been keepin up with your blog lately and you spurred me on to start the medication after seeig your success :) I had a hellish night last night and regretted taking it but been to the docs today and got some diazepam, which I'm scared to take too but I will have to if I have another bad night. Hope things keep getting better for you! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a big deal! Good job :) I also had a bad reaction to meds and now I've been refusing to take them ever since. That's a great step :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kaci :) I've been resisting meds for so long as they absolutely terrified me after I had the reaction, even paracetamol is difficult for me to take and that has virtually no side effects. I'm keeping going with the meds so far and hopefully it'll pay off x

    ReplyDelete