Search

Thursday 8 March 2012

Made it to the shop again!

I walked to the shop on Tuesday with my mum. It was the first time I had walked there in a while. I was quite a bit anxious but it wasn't horrific. I had my usual fear of 'what if I get there, panic, and then cannot get back home?' thankfully that wasn't the case! As it never is and I got there and back in one piece without having a nervous breakdown or dying! Bonus! :)

Last night feeling brave after Tuesday's walk I decided I would attempt it on my own. There were things that I needed and I hate having to call other people to go and get them for me. So I decided I was going to do it myself. I did leave it all day though and only went 20 mins before the shop closed. I even went make up-less. Brave for me. The walk wasn't too bad, not much panic. I did at one point feel a little panicky because of the distance I walked and how long it would take me to get back if I were to panic and need to get home. I pushed this thought out of my mind; I was too far to panic.

Thankfully, the shop was empty so I didn't have the challenge of standing in a queue. I managed to get everything I needed. I was relieved more than anything that I was able to do it and it felt good that I was able to go and get everything I needed by myself for a change. I never really find going back home a challenge. I guess it's cause I know I'm going back to my 'safe place'. All in all a successful day for me yesterday!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. I was pretty pleased with myself! I see you're doing really well at the moment too. I hope things stay well for you :)

      Delete